Question

Ho to Zap Sales and COGS to different Xero GL accounts from Shopify

• 8 June 2023
  • 1 reply

In Xero I need my Sales and Cost of Goods sold captured in different GL accounts based on product line items and customer location from my Shopify sales. 

How do I used Shopify customer location (country)/ shipping address with product line item to allocate to relevant GL account? Below target Xero GL accounts are what I am trying to achieve:

GL Sales acc1: Product A (US Sales)

GL Sales acc2: Product B (US Sales)

GL Sales acc3: Product A (EU Sales)

GL COGS acc1: Product A (US Sales)

GL COGS acc2: Product B (US Sales)

GL COGS acc3: Product A (US Sales)

Appreciate your help!

Thanks!

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @GlamGoat,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

Here is how I see the Zap for the workflow that you have in mind:

1. Trigger: Shopify (New Order)
  2. Action: Shopify (Find Customer)
  3. Action: Filter by Zapier - This will check the customer's location (country) and continue the Zap only if the location matches the desired regions (US or EU).
  4. Action: Xero (Create Sales Invoice)

Also, I wanted to share some helpful resources with you in case you're new to using Zapier. These links will give you a good starting point:

• Zapier Quick Start Guide: This guide covers the basics and will help you get up and running quickly. You can find it here.

• Zapier University 101: If you're looking for more in-depth tutorials and information, Zapier University is a great resource. Check it out here.

• Creating Zaps: This page will guide you through the basics of creating Zaps, which are the automated workflows in Zapier. You can find it here.

Also, my colleague Danvers wrote an amazing article on working through whether and how Zapier can help. You can read it here.

Hopefully, this points you to the right direction! 😊