Question

Have PDF automatically filled in and send this PDF via email

• 18 October 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello dear Zapier Community,

I have a lot of PDF documents that need to be filled in automatically when an email arrives with a certain content. This works fine so far.
These just auto-filled PDF need to be sent via email, does anyone have any ideas?

I use Gmail as trigger, and PDFFiller as fill tool.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @dznikolai 

Good question.

Which email app are you trying to use to send the emails?

e.g. Action: Gmail - Send Email

Userlevel 1

Hi @Troy Tessalone thanks for your fast reply. 

Currently I use Gmail as trigger and Outlook for sending. With both mail providers I can add attachments. However, with PDFFiller I do not have the possibility to select attachments.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@dznikolai 

Can you post screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured along with the data returned from the PDFfiller step?

Userlevel 1

I found information from Zapier where it points out that the process I am aiming for can only happen in 2 zaps. 1 Zap where I fill in the PDF file and another "Zap" that sends the filled in PDF by mail. So in the second Zap I need to be able to select the new PDF and mail it away. I am stuck on this problem right now. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@dznikolai 

We would need to see screenshots to have more context about how your Zap steps are configured and where you are having trouble.