Best answer

Google Forms to MailChimp

• 15 January 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

trigger - someone adds their name and details to a Google Form

Zap - add to a Mailchimp line

Both the Form and the MailChimp list already exist and are functioning fine - NOT Zapped.

At the moment, I’m manually transfering sign-ups to the form on a daily basis into MailChimp.

Want to automate this.

Basic Zap is Ok to set up, completing the details is exhausting me,...need a pointer or two.

Your help section on this is...er…. not much help.

You say….

And we when I get to that stage, all i see is this….

I get that I don;t want an individual email address in there, but how to I get this…

Any help would be appreciated.

Thx

-Andrew

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 15 January 2021, 20:17

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @AndrewC 

Map this data point from the GForm to the Mailchimp action step in the Zap.

FYI…

The Google Sheets trigger is marked "instant" but it still takes a few minutes to trigger.

The new and updated spreadsheet row triggers for Google Sheets are unique in that when there is a trigger event in the spreadsheet, Zapier gets a notification webhook from the Google about this following that notification, Zapier sends Google Sheet a request asking for new data. After this, the trigger works using the normal polling mechanism and these new or updated rows returned will trigger the Zap. This process takes about 3 minutes overall so although the Google Sheets trigger is marked "instant" it really is a hybrid of both webhook and polling techniques. While being slower than any other "instant" trigger, it's still faster than all polling triggers which would take 5 or 15 minutes.

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Exactly as @Troy Tessalone said. You just have to pick this one and you are good to go :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @AndrewC!

I wanted to check in with you on this one, since we didn't hear back after our last messages. Did you still need help here or were you able to resolve things? Please let us know :)

Userlevel 1

Hi @AndrewC!

I wanted to check in with you on this one, since we didn't hear back after our last messages. Did you still need help here or were you able to resolve things? Please let us know :)

All sorted, a combination of me having a dumb moment and “instant” not being instant,  with the zap action.

In practice, it makes no real-world difference that it takes a couple of seconds, so….. am all sorted - many thanks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Awesome, @AndrewC — thanks for confirming! Great to hear :)