Best answer

Google Calendar Auto Block when Event is Created

• 8 June 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1

I’m trying to figure out how to create a Zap so that when an event is added to Google Calendar, it automatically adds a 30 minute block/buffer after the event. 

I manage a shared business space where we use Google Calendar as the hub for our individual appointments. Some folks add the event straight to Google Calendar, some folks have a 3rd party booking system (Acuity/Scedulista) connected to the shared Google Calendar.

The big problem is that the 3rd party booking systems do not add the buffer time from their platform over to  Google Calendar, creating a situation where appointments could accidentally be booked back-to-back.

icon

Best answer by ken.a 8 June 2023, 04:25

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @9n9healing,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

I understand that you want to add a 30-minute buffer time after an event in your Google Calendar. To do this, I suggest adding a “+30min” after the End Time value in the “End Date & Time” field (make sure there's a space between both). Like so:

ffc349e1af59a162ba298acac28acdc1.png
(view larger)

Hopefully, this helps! 😊

Userlevel 1

I added the “+30min” and I can’t tell if it worked yet because it’s Zapping over, but at a wildly wrong time. I made sure Zappier and Google Calendar are on the correct time zone. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @9n9healing,

You mentioned that the Zap is sending over an incorrect time, for me to take a closer look. Could you kindly send me a full-page screenshot of the "Action" section of your action step that shows all the fields? To give you an idea, here's an example screenshot that you can refer to when sending it over:

46dd6c0979e3d815d621b8da43084ef1.png
(view larger)

Please don't include personal information in the screenshot, or be sure blur out any personal information.

Thanks! 😊

Userlevel 1

Absolutely. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @9n9healing,

Thanks for the screenshots!

Based on the screenshot, it appears that the problem lies in the lack of space between the mapped data in the Start and End date fields. This could potentially cause parsing issues for Google Calendar.

Could you kindly try adding a space between the mapped data? Like so:

832c4b0833eb15477ebe4c19146d73d7.png
(view larger)

Please give that a try, and let me know how it goes! 😊

Userlevel 1

it worked! You have no idea how happy that makes me. Thanks for your help!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @9n9healing,

You're absolutely welcome! I'm really happy that I could assist you!

If there's anything else you need clarification on, please feel free to ask the Community. We're always here and more than happy to lend a hand! 🤗