Best answer

Google Calendar - Adding an attendee to every new calendar invite received

• 2 March 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

Hey folks,

I’m having some trouble setting up a Zap to automatically add a specific attendee every time a new Calendly invitation gets recorded in my Google Calendar.

My desired outcome is given below:

1. Every time someone schedules a meeting through through my Calendly link, I receive an email about the scheduling + a calendar invite is added automatically.
  2. When (1) happens, I want another person to be automatically added as an attendee to the invite received in (1).

So here’s the problem I’m facing. I have tried to work with the ready-made integration available here: https://zapier.com/apps/google-calendar/integrations/google-calendar/199417/add-attendees-to-events-for-new-google-calendar-events-matching-a-search

I’ve managed to setup Step 1 from the link above and it seems to work fine based on the trigger tests.

However, Step 2 seems to be an issue. After selecting the appropriate calendar account for Step 2, there are 2 mandatory fields that need to be updated: 1) Event and 2) Attendee/s.

The input options for the Event field are either existing events or custom events. I guess in my case, ‘custom’ is the way to go but I’m not sure how to set it up. There is an option to select ‘New Event Matching Search in Google Calendar’ (a.k.a Step 1), which seems like the option I should be going with. However, there are additional options within that (Summary, Event Begins..) which don’t make sense to me. Attaching a screenshot below.

Could one of you help me figure out what I’m doing wrong, please? Is it even possible to achieve what I’m attempting?

Thanks in advance!

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 2 March 2021, 17:34

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @zapnewbie93 

Try this…

Steps

1. Trigger: GCal - New Event / New Event Matching Search
  2. Action: GCal - Add Attendees to Event (map the Event ID from Step 1 to the Event in Step 2 using the ‘Custom’ mapping option)

Userlevel 1

Hey Troy, thanks a ton! That worked perfectly!

Userlevel 1

Hi! Could you please further elaborate? I don’t understand how to custom map to the event ID from step 1. I’d love more detailed instructions!