Best answer

Gmail workflow - add a CC email when an OOO reply is sent

• 11 June 2021
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 1

I’d like to explore any customization options that will automatically CC a specific email alias any time an Out of Office reply is triggered. We use Gmail as are our email provider. Is this possible within Zapier? 

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 15 June 2021, 01:18

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Josh B 

Try using this Gmail action: Reply to Email

Userlevel 1

Hi @Troy Tessalone - Thank you for the quick reply. I’m new to the Zapier platform and struggling to find the “Reply to Email” action. Should I select “Make a Zap” and find this action under there, or do I need to select an existing Zap connection to Gmail? 

Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Josh B 

Might be best to start by reviewing the Zapier Basics: https://zapier.com/help/create/basics

Userlevel 1

Thanks

Userlevel 1

Hi @Troy Tessalone -

I’m building out the connection but I don’t see the option to trigger an auto cc email address when my Out of Office is turned on. Can you please let me know if this is possible within Gmail using zapier:

• Connector would be Gmail to Gmail (we do not need the message to be sent anywhere outside of Gmail)
  • Trigger would be when the recipient has their Out of Office turned on
  • Action would be to add a specific email alias as CC to the email reply and reply to the sender with the Out of Office message. We would also like to have the original email included in the email thread. 

Please point me to any documentation you have available. Thank you for your help!

Josh

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Josh B 

In the Gmail Reply to Email action in the Zap there is a field for CC:

Userlevel 1

Thanks again. Where I’m stumped is only performing the action if my Out of Office is turned on. I don’t want the alias email to be CC’d if my Out of Off is off. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Josh B 

There’s no data point that explicitly tells Zapier that your Gmail out of office is ON.

Basic concept would be to turn the Zap ON when you are out of office, and turn the Zap ON when you are NOT out of office.

Userlevel 1

Got it. That makes total sense now. Apologies for all the questions but I was trying to track down something that doesn’t exist. And your recommendation is exactly what I needed. 

Thank you for all your help!