Question

Giving Fuel to QBO - Creating Sales Receipts in QBO once a donation processes in Giving Fuel.

• 3 October 2023
  • 3 replies

Hello,

I am new to Zapier and I am hoping someone in the community can answer a few questions for me regarding automating the process of creating a Sales Receipt in QBO once a donation has been processed in Giving Fuel.

I am a bookkeeper and support a non profit who receives donations via giving fuel.  Donations can be made one time or can be set up on a recurring basis.  The donor selects the department in which they want to support, enters their personal and payment information and submits their donation.  Giving Fuel is the app used to manage the donation page and donor management tools.  Giving Fuel creates daily pay out reports that includes a summary list of all donations included in the total given for the day. I open the daily report and manually create a customer profile is the person is not currently in the customer list and or create a sales receipt to reflect the donation received.

The step I am looking to automate is creating a sales receipt in QuickBooks Online for every donation processed (not submitted) corresponding with the Daily Pay Out report from Giving Fuel?  

1.  Is Zapier the correct app needed to created this process?
  2. Are there any additional apps needed for this to work?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @KeyAssist,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

I think the “New Recurring Transaction” trigger for GivingFuel is the closest event if you want to trigger on processed donations:

2d1077c610f9ecf036697c0be783f540.png
(view larger)

We also have a template for your exact workflow here: https://zapier.com/apps/givingfuel/integrations/quickbooks

d7a6ec2df841e055bc554e60ad54fa64.png
(view larger)

Hopefully, this helps! 😊

Thank you for taking the time to respond to my question! 

Please forgive me if you already answered my questions below in your prior response.  Based on what you shared, I am not sure I know what I need to do to utilize Zapier and achieve what it is I am looking for.   

Am I understanding correctly that the tool is very limited regarding processed donations?

My client uses Giving Fuel to process all online donations and I manually create sales receipts in QBO for each donation processed for bookkeeping purposes. 

Currently, I manually create individual sales receipts for every donation that has been processed by giving fuel per the daily pay out report.  I am only concerned with Processed donations, not submitted future donations. 

Below is a breakdown explaining the criteria that our donors fall under. 

Types of Donors:

• First Time | Single | Processed - This donor is new, not part of my customer list in QBO and needs a customer profile created to create a sales receipt.
  • Returning | Single Donation | Processed - This person has donated before and currently has a customer profile in QBO and needs a sales receipt for the donation that was processed.
  • New | Recurring
    • Processed - The donor is new, not part of the customer list in QBO, donated and set the donation up to be recurring moving forward.

OR

• Submitted - The donor created a Giving Fuel account and set up a recurring donation for a future start date.  
  • Returning | Recurring  
    • Processed - The donor has previously donated and is part of the customer list in QBO, donated and set the donation up to be recurring moving forward.

OR

• Submitted -The donor has previously donated and is part of the customer list in QBO and set up a recurring donation with a future start date.  

What I am trying to ascertain is if it is possible to create triggers execute the following tasks in QBO

• Create a new customer profile and create a receipt reflecting the donation once it has been processed in Giving Fuel?
  • Create and post a sales receipt to an existing QBO profile once the donation has been processed in Giving Fuel?
Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @KeyAssist,

I appreciate the detailed explanation.

This looks like a pretty hefty workflow. I’m not really familiar on how GivingFuel works (I haven’t used the app myself), but I wouldn’t anticipate a problem regarding your workflow and it could be possible using Zapier.

Here’s my general idea about your workflow:

1. Trigger: GivingFuel - New Donation OR New Recurring Transaction
  2. Action: QuickBooks Online - Find or Create Customer
  3. Action: QuickBooks Online - Create Sales Receipt

That said, I’d recommend consulting with one of our Zapier Experts regarding this one so that they can streamline your workflow.

You can reach our directory of certified Zapier Experts here: https://zapier.com/experts

Hopefully, this points you in the right direction. 😊