Best answer

Give Zapier automation editing rights to Google Sheets

• 16 March 2023
  • 6 replies

Is it possible to give An automation Editing rights within a protected Xcel or Google sheets?

I am trying to make it so when one of my orders moves to a complete or shipping status. that it populates
Task name and Address to a protected document. My account with google has editing rights to certain cells which are the ones I am trying to automate input too. But it throws an error stating its needs editing rights.

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 16 March 2023, 20:07

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @EricTWG 

Good question.

400 bad request

If you see this error in a Zap, check if your worksheet is locked or protected. This prevents Zapier from being able to write to the sheet, so you'll need to unlock it.

It doesnt give me a 400 bad request error. Because I was testing it out. Mutliple people use the google sheet that has formulas that need to be protected, from accidental deletion. So are you saying theres no other way around it. Its simply i have to unprotect the sheet? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@EricTWG

I’ve seen Zap errors when the tab and rows/columns/cells are protected.

So is this because I dont have full editing rights or is it the Sheet itself has to be unprotected?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@EricTWG

Sheet itself has to be unprotected.

okay thank you!