Question

Getting Emails from Freshdesk

• 6 June 2023
  • 5 replies

Hey everyone, I am trying to use zapier to retrieve emails from freshdesk but when I do choose a ticket the email information of recipient and sender is not available and I only get the IDs. Is there any way to set it so that the zap information of these tickets includes emails?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hey there @JKim -

I would recommend utilizing the Find Contact action step in Hubspot (You may need a Create Contact action step too if needed) and creating a multi-step Zap. Let me know if you have any questions! 

I have attempted to do so but the requester and sender email are portrayed as no data. Is there something that I need to configure within either zapier or freshdesk?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there, @JKim! Thanks for this and appreciate you sharing!

I hope you don’t mind if I back up here a bit, I just want to make sure I have an idea of your workflow. Can you share a screenshot of your trigger and action setup with any personal details removed? I think that may help us troubleshoot a bit more with you.

Are you seeing the missing information while testing your zap setup or during a live zap run? If it’s during testing can you double check that the sample we’re testing with has all of the fields you’re looking for completely filled in? If it’s during a live zap run I might recommend reviewing your zap history to see if there’s any error messages there that can help us to get to the bottom of this. More how to troubleshoot from your zap history here.

I hope some of this helps but we’ll keep an eye out for any extra details! 🙂

This is the trigger with the ticket being tested.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@JKim Ideally, a screenshot similar to this helps us look at the bigger picture. I’d also like to take a look at your Zap history. Can you please hit publish on this Zap and let it run through once, then add another screenshot of your Zap History as well?