Best answer

Get the "Folder Name" from the "New File" Google Drive trigger

• 17 January 2023
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1

Moderator note: This is a continuation of this thread: 

Yes, this seems so odd that you cannot get folder name, when looking up a folder requires a name. This can be used in many use cases. For my needs, a partner of ours syncs folders with files inside to our gdrive. From that drive we need to be able to forward these incoming files into Salesforce. I can’t use the trigger ‘new folder’ because it doesn’t work with subfolders, so I need to use trigger ‘new file’, and then reference the parent folder’s name because it coincides with the Salesforce record name. So I would find the record in SF, using the Folder Name, and then push the correct files to the salesforce record.

icon

Best answer by jesse 18 January 2023, 22:37

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey @adesso I hear you on this! It makes total sense why this would be a useful bit of data to have. To keep track of things internally and ensure we have a separate thread for each issue, I’ve gone ahead and separated this out into it’s own post as well as added your vote for this feature. If/when we have any updates, we’ll both email you and update this thread to let you know. 

Sorry we don’t have a better way around this in the short term but I am hoping it’s something we’re able to support, soon!