Best answer

Get Google My Business code for custom tab

• 17 November 2020
  • 4 replies

Hi!

How can I get this code? I want to use it for “Custom” tab.

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Liz_Roberts 3 February 2021, 20:02

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @Digital !FEST 

That’s an internal ID Google uses to represent the location in your account.

What’s the trigger of this zap and what are you trying to achieve?

Thanks for reply!

I know that’s an internal ID. Where (or how) I can find this ID?

The trigger is “New Review in Google My Business”. We are using groups in our Google My Business account. But in our Zaps we can pick only ungrouped locations. :( Because of it I have to use custom tab.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@Digital !FEST 

Ah, sadly Zapier’s standard GMB integration only supports ungrouped locations. So even if you find the ID for your location, Zapier wouldn’t trigger on new reviews.

I did recently deploy a custom Zapier integration to help a client trigger on group locations. Email me andrew@luhhu.com if you want to discuss that for your business as well.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @Digital !FEST ,

Circling back here as I see you were in contact with our Support team on this question! Providing their response(s) below in an effort to help other folks who may have a similar question: 

In Google My Business, if you "group" some locations together, that can remove you as the owner, but you oughta be able to pop into the page settings for the location and reset ownership. Then the pages will appear in the dropdown!

With regard to distinguishing each location, a feature request to "provide more specific location information" has been submitted to the team in charge of this integration on your behalf. If this feature does get developed, we'll reach out to you directly to let you know.

In the meantime, to distinguish each location you could select one within your configuration, go to the Test trigger step and that will pull in a recent review - the information returned in the sample data might allow you to determine which location has been selected so you know what to use in the Zap.

I hope that the above steps helped you get squared away with this Zap!