Best answer

Formatting Shopify orders in Trello (Cards)

• 6 April 2021
  • 2 replies

Hi, I am trying to add new shopify orders as cards in trello. I am interested in formatting each line order in a separate line in the card description. So far I have managed to transfer the data as one chunk of text - however, for a better overview I need each line order in a separate line. Hope someone can help with this!

/Philip

icon

Best answer by TylerR 6 April 2021, 11:46

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Hi, Philip! 

It sounds like what you’re looking for is the Formatter “Line-Item to Text” action, as it can take multiple line-items from your Shopify trigger, and combine them so that each line from the order appears as a line in the card. You can read more about the action here:

https://zapier.com/help/create/format/convert-line-items-into-text-strings

Specifically, you’ll want to map each of the values you need into the “Input” field, and set the “Separator” field to [:newline:] to add a line break between each. Here’s an example using product name, price, and quantity:

(open image)

That will give you a few different output values, but “Text” will be the one you’ll want to use in Trello, as it will be each of your line items, separated by a new line:

(open image)

That way, you can have nice clean lines in your Trello card. 

I hope that helps!

Thank you so much Tyler, this looks to be exactly what I need! I will give this a try right away.

Awesome with such a quick reply - Thanks again!

Philip :-)