Best answer

Force log out on all devices

• 21 February 2022
  • 8 replies

Badge

Hello,

How do I force a log out of all devices for my zapier login?

I want to make sure that I am only logged in on authorized devices.

icon

Best answer by rachael.silvano 21 February 2022, 20:42

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Dave P 

Don’t believe Zapier offers this, but you can try changing your Zapier account password.

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

@Dave P thanks for coming to the Community for your question - @Troy Tessalone is correct, there isn’t a forced logout.

However there is also the option to set up Two-Factor Authentication, which will also help you make sure you’re only logged into devices that you want to be. Let us know if you run into any more roadbumps and we’re happy to help! 

-Rachael

Badge

@Rachael S So if I set up 2FA, will it trigger 2FA to be needed for all devices that I am logged in to?

Meaning, will it essentially act as a forced log out?

Userlevel 1

Hi @Dave P ! 👋️ 

Yes, enabling 2FA will force all devices to log out, after which they will need your 2FA code to log in again if they wanted to. This way you can be sure only authorized devices have access to your account. 

I’ve also created a feature request for our internal team that handles login, asking for a screen where you can see a history of date + locations from where your account was accessed so you can check that your account is only being accessed by authorized devices. I’ve also asked if it’s possible to add a button to log out from every device.

I can’t make any commitments if or when these features will be added but we appreciate your idea!

If there’s anything else we can help you with, don’t hesitate to reach out! We’re here to help 🙌️

Badge

@JordyvD I’ve already changed my password and enabled 2fa but none of my other devices have been logged out or prompted to log back in or submit a 2fa code. 

Userlevel 1

@Dave P 

Would you mind​​​​​​ trying disabling 2FA and then re-enabling it again to see if that does log you out?

Badge

@JordyvD Just tried disabling and re-enabling and it still has not logged me out of other devices.

Userlevel 1

@Dave P thanks for verifying!

In that case, would you mind going to our get help page: https://zapier.com/app/get-help and contacting our support team? It looks like something isn’t behaving correctly and they are better equipped to securely dig into what could be causing this.

Thanks again! We really appreciate your feedback and I hope we can get you sorted soon!