Best answer

Firebase Realtime Database - address to default database

• 20 September 2022
  • 3 replies

Hi Everyone,

I have some databases in realtime database. I want to make a zap “when child object created” then “create records in airtable”. How to choose spesific database? in this case I want to apoint to the default database.

I tried it, but the triggers always looking to the database name that exactly same with the project’s ID.

hope anyone can give me some explanation.

thank you

icon

Best answer by nicksimard 28 September 2022, 02:19

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey @dwichris let’s see if we can get this sorted out for you! I am not intimately familiar with Firebase so are you able to share more (screenshots would be helpful) of how you have the trigger configured and what you would expect to be able to select as instead? From there, we can take a closer look and see what’s possible. Let us know!

Hi Jesse, thank you for your response.
I have multiple instance of real-time database in my firebase project. but when I set up the "New Child Object in a Firebase Realtime Database" trigger, I am not being presented the option to specify the instance. My question is, what instance is used by default?

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @dwichris!

It looks like you reached out to our Support team and they’ve been helping you troubleshoot this.

For anyone else who might find this, it appears they’ve determined that, at this time, you can only specify the Project ID and not the database instance.