Question

Finding New Event (Google Calendar) for Event Start trigger within time range

• 25 September 2023
  • 5 replies

I currently have a Zap trigger (Google Calendar - Event Start action) that triggers 1 week before a matching event. However when I first onboard a new user and they add their events to the shared calendar, I would also like for the zap to be triggered for those events that may be less than 1 week away (only as part of onboarding).

Is there a way to achieve this? Thanks in advance!

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @kothariy 

Good question.

Try adding another Zap that has different trigger conditions or add a Filter as Step 2.

Thanks @Troy Tessalone! Could you walk me through what a Filter approach could look like? 

I could add another Zap (but would want it to stop after the first week, and default to the original zap instead). But having another zap to manage (version control, etc.) might be increasing the complexity too much and would prefer to keep it within one zap if possible.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@kothariy 

Help article about using Filters in Zaps: https://zapier.com/apps/filter/help

Thanks @Troy Tessalone. I know how to use filters, I’m curious how you see a filter step solving the problem here. I need to keep the 1 week delay but just for onboarding, need it to find events within 1 week if that makes sense.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@kothariy 

Perhaps use a different Zap trigger and use a Filter if the events within 1 week have a certain naming convention.

We would need to see more specific examples with screenshots to have more context.