Best answer

Find the message with an image on Slack

• 30 June 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello community!

Here is my problem:
I have a person who takes a picture and sends it with a comment on a Slack channel from a smartphone. I retrieve this photo and upload it to a google drive (and that’s work). What I would like to do is take the comment in order to rename the photo with it, but if I use the "New File in Slack" function, the comment does not appear…If I use “New message posted to channel” I can find the comment but not the image😭
Any idea ?

THANKS !!

icon

Best answer by SamB 30 June 2023, 11:58

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Damdam, welcome to the Community!

Is the person uploading the image added an as attachment using the (+) button on Slack and adding a comment within the message? For example:
56f53792df8bbcd7767a20e56c049787.png

If so, if you use the New Message Posted to Channel trigger it looks like you could use the Files O File field to get the image and use the Text field to get the comment. Then use those in the File and File Name fields on the Google Drive action, like so:
c30c81936ca7fb94bcad0e19e4f135c9.png

That should upload the file to Google Drive and set the comment as the file name:
4a92bec984393548058e5c8a7d008df1.png

Hope that helps. If I’ve misunderstood what you’re looking to do here or you run into any issues on that just let us know! 🙂

Userlevel 1

It's good, I hadn't found the Files O File

Thank you for your help !

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

You are most welcome @Damdam! I’m so pleased I could help here. 😁

Seems like you’re all good for now but please do reach out in the Community again if you ever need assistance. We’re always happy to help!