Best answer

"Find Contact in HubSpot" partial match

Preface

This question was asked once before, with some helpful Zapier mods offering to submit a feature request. Unfortunately, the OP never responded, and it looks like this feature still doesn’t exist!

Background

Our Sales team offered leads their “third month free” if they became a customer. After a lead is converted to customer, became_a_customer_date is filled in with a timestamp (ex. 2022-06-30T17:08:03-400). 

Goal

In plain English

Every day, we want to find all customers in Hubspot who became a customer exactly 2 months ago and turn off their Stripe payment. (there would need to be a second Zap doing the opposite, i.e. find all customers who became a customer exactly 3 months ago and turn it back on, but I digress)

In Zapier terms

1. Trigger: Every Day
  2. Action: Formatter by Zapier:
    1. Action Event: Date/Time
    2. Transform: Add/Subtract Time
    3. Input (today’s date in timestamp form from Step 1, e.g. 2022-06-30)
    4. Expression -60 days
  3. Action: Hubspot:
    1. Action Event: Find Contact
    2. First search property name: became_a_customer_date
    3. First search property value: Herein lies my issue. We want to target all customers where became_a_customer_date includes today’s date, but not the time (ex. 2022-06-30).
  4. Action: Stripe:
    1. Turn off payment 

Problem

Per the above, the date in Hubspot is saved in a date + time format, however we want to pull in all Hubpsot records by today’s date regardless of time. This would be possible with a “partial search” or “LIKE query” in SQL terms.

Happy to clarify my issue further. Also very open to hearing about potential workarounds/solutions!

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 1 July 2022, 17:07

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @adamjubert 

Good question.

You may have to go with an advanced approach and use the HubSpot API: https://developers.hubspot.com/docs/api/crm/search

The desired search endpoint has additional options to filter the returned results.

App APIs can be used in Zaps with the Webhooks app: https://zapier.com/apps/webhook/help

FYI: Most apps on Zapier are built and maintained by the app developers themselves, altho it’s unclear whether HubSpot or Zapier owns the HubSpot Zap app.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey @adamjubert! Just checking in to see if you were able to find success with Troy’s suggested solution. Let us know!