Best answer

Filter Set Up with PayPal

• 19 November 2020
  • 5 replies

I have a zap between PayPal and ActiveCampaign. My zap is triggered when there is a successful sale in PayPal however, I need a filter to specify which item was bought. When I set up the filter so that it displays: Item Name 1 - text contains - and the name of the product I continue to get a message that my zap would not have continued. I tried using the item number instead of the item name and that made no difference. Any suggestions on how to move forward with this filter?

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 23 November 2020, 17:00

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Please provide screenshots of how your Zap steps are configured.

Filter: https://zapier.com/apps/filter/help

Step 1
Step 2
Step 3
Step 3 continued

Hello Troy,

Please see the screenshots above of my Zap. I’m looking forward to your help!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

When configuring the Zap and testing the Filter step it evaluate on the sample data from the trigger step, so make sure to select and use a representative sample from the trigger step.

Thank you that worked and I received the notification that the Zap would have continued. When setting it up to recognize the sale of a specific item in my PayPal I don’t receive the notification that my Zap would have continued when tested. Is there a way to test that the filter using specific items from my PayPal account?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

You’d have to select representative sample records from the Trigger Step to configure/test your Zap.