Best answer

Facebook Lead Ads ad set data not available

I am using the Facebook Lead Ad Zap with Infusionsoft.  I have hundreds of ad sets that are generating leads and It would be extremely valuable to know the ad set name for each lead.  However it doesn’t seem that Facebook is sending this data to Zapier.  Can anyone please help?

icon

Best answer by christina.d 24 August 2022, 00:30

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @jaredg123 

If FB Leads Ads is sending the Ad Set ID, then you could keep a lookup table in GSheets or Airtable to reference.

The problem is that the adset field from FB is blank.  I don’t know why that data isn’t transferring from FB.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@jaredg123 

Might be worth reviewing the available help articles to see if there’s anything that needs to be adjusted in FB Lead Ads for settings/permissions to get access to these data points: https://zapier.com/apps/facebook-lead-ads/help

I’ve reviewed. I have not reset all the connections yet, which is what I was planning to do next.  I have a help ticket to Zapier and am waiting to hear back from them before I reset everything.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi all! I wanted to post here in case anyone was following along. It looks like @jaredg123 stumbled upon a bug for Facebook Leads where data such as adset name isn’t being sent over to us. We’ve got an open report on this and will be sure to keep this thread updated as soon as we know more! 

Userlevel 1

Hi @jaredg123 I´m having the same problem. Have you been able to resolve it? If yes, how?

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey @Marims!

I’m really sorry that you’re also running into the same issue with Facebook Lead Ads here. I’ve added you to the list of users affected by this. I don’t have a workaround to suggest here but we’ll be sure to email you as soon as it’s been resolved. :) 

Userlevel 1

@SamB I have solved the problem, thanks. In my case the problem was that the user hadn´t access to the business manager in wich are the campaigns.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

That’s excellent news, @Marims! :)

I’m so glad you were able to get it working by sorting out the Business Manager access for the connected user. Thanks so much for sharing your solution here! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey friends! 👋🏽 I wanted to swing by with an update regarding this. Our team dug into it and determined this isn’t necessarily bug but rather a matter of missing permissions as was noted further up in the thread:

...the problem was that the user hadn´t access to the business manager in which are the campaigns.

We’ve gone ahead and updated documentation on our end to reflect this!

https://zapier.com/help/doc/common-problems-with-facebook-lead-ads#my-test-step-sample-doesnt-have-my-custom-form-fields

Thanks for your patience on this!