Best answer

Facebook Lead Ad to ActiveCampaign: error "Contact id or email is required"

• 19 June 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

I just installed a few automations with Zapier from Facebook Leads to ActiveCampaign but I keep getting this error: 

My setup looks like this: 

What on earth do I do wrong? Please tell me

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 19 June 2021, 21:33

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @The Fully Bookers 

To troubleshoot, check your Zap Runs history details for the DATA IN/OUT for each step in the Zap: https://zapier.com/app/history/

Make sure the email address is being provided by FB Lead Ads and mapped to the AC step.

Userlevel 1

Hi @The Fully Bookers 

To troubleshoot, check your Zap Runs history details for the DATA IN/OUT for each step in the Zap: https://zapier.com/app/history/

Make sure the email address is being provided by FB Lead Ads and mapped to the AC step.

Hey Troy, I noticed that Facebook data out is correct but the the email in ActiveCampaign is empty… What on earth should I do? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @The Fully Bookers!

If I’ve understood you correctly, you can see that the email field in the data out from Facebook Lead Ads has something in it, but there’s nothing in the email filed for the Data In of the Active Campaign step, is that right? If that’s the case, double check that the name of the field with the email in it is the same as the one that you have mapped in the Active Campaign step of the Zap. I can see that the field in the Zap is ‘Raw email’, is that the exact same field that has the email address in when you look at the data in the Zap history?

If it is and it’s still not being passed to the Active Campaign step, or if it isn’t and you’re not sure why then the best thing to do is get in touch with the Support Team as they will be able to take a closer look at your Zap with you to understand what might be happening. You can do that using the Get Help form

I hope that helps!