Question

Error uploading completed PandaDoc pdf into a deal on Pipedrive

• 10 October 2021
  • 1 reply

Hi there, 

I'm trying to create a zap that will attach a completed PandaDoc to the deal in Pipedrive that it was derived from. 

I found that there’s a number of premade Zaps for this, including the one here: https://zapier.com/apps/pandadoc/integrations/pipedrive/25467/attach-pdf-of-newly-completed-pandadoc-documents-to-pipedrive-deals

So set it to recognise which template i would like, then assign it to the correct deal in pipedrive based on the ID metadata token from Pandadoc. 

However, when I try to complete this, for which file to attach I have two options for token form pandadoc:

1. The first one is 1.PDF(exists but not shown)
  2. The second is 1.PDF(no data)

If i use the second option, the zap fails as there is no file. 

If I use the first it uploads a file (with file type of “file”) thats not the pandadoc pdf into the deal, which is full of unreadable information including all of the tokens from pandadoc, if opened in notepad. 

Whats confusing me more, is that if I use this same operation to upload the pdf into Asana instead of Pipedrive, it works. 

Does anyone know what the problem might be?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Barcadia 

Help article about using files in Zaps: https://zapier.com/help/create/basics/send-files-in-zaps

Please include screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured to better convey context to the issues, thanks.

NOTES

PandaDoc

• If PandaDoc serves as a “Trigger” application and you do not select a PandaDoc template, you’ll be able to use general PandaDoc document data only in an “Action” application. However, if you select a template, you will get all the data available in the template: tokens, fields, pricing tables, metadata.
  • Zap set for a template won’t work for a document duplicate created out of this template.