Question

Equation editor in a chatbot?

• 7 February 2024
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1

How do I embed equation editor into a chatbot?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Andrea5 

Which Chatbot app are you trying to use? (screenshots to clarify)

Userlevel 1

At the moment, I am only using the Zapier Chatbot with GPT 3.5.  If you know of another combination that would integrate math symbols, I would very much appreciate your insight.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi there @Andrea5! 👋 

Zapier ChatBots should be capable of helping to solve any math equations that they’re given without the need of any externally embedded functionality. Can you tell us a bit more about the equation editor you’re wanting to use?

If you have an example of the type of equation editor you’re wanting to embed into the ChatBot, can you share a screenshot of it here? That’ll help to give us a bit more context on what’s needed. Please remove/hide any private information (like names, emails, addresses etc.) from any screenshots before sharing. 

Thanks, looking forward to hearing from you on this!

Userlevel 1

Hi!  I am a math teacher using the chatbot in the classroom.  Khanmigo has a scientific calculator.  I am hoping for something similar. Here are snapshots of Khanmigo:

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Ah, I see! Thanks for sending over those screenshots to help clarify that for me, @Andrea5

I did some checking on this end and it’s not possible to have that sort of editor embedded into a Chatbot currently. I couldn’t see any existing feature requests for this so I’d recommend reaching out to the Chatbots team to submit this as a new feature request. You can do that via the form here: https://ai-chatbot-help.zapier.app/contact-us.

They’ll be able to get a feature request submitted on your behalf so that this functionality can potentially be added to Zapier Chatbots in future. Sorry to not have a more immediate solution to give right now. Once that feature request has been implemented they’ll be in touch via email to let you know!

Userlevel 1

Thank you!  Will do