Best answer

Emails from Outlook to trigger an action

• 28 December 2020
  • 4 replies

I want to forward some emails when receive from particular person. from exmaple if i receive an email from X with particular information i then want that to be forward to XYZ people. is this possible?

icon

Best answer by Ennes 29 December 2020, 17:26

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Hey @gurdev ,

no problem. I think you can do it in the following way:

• Trigger: Microsoft Outlook - New Email
  • Action: Filter (here you choose the person which emails are important for you)
  • Action: Microsoft Outlook - Send Email (here you can specify who you want to send emails to)

I hope that helps. Let me know if I should go in more detail.

hi, thanks. just tried that and it seems to work. However, the file attached is converted into a Zip file which is then blocked by my email. can it not just take the file attachment which is a PDF and forward it

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Hey @gurdev,

I think this happens when there are multiple files. But you can have a look at the workaround that is offered here. Let me know if this helps you!

thanks, Ennes. seems rather complicated to me and may take alot more time trying to figure it out. However, i was thinking of another idea. can we use Zapier mail to extract amd forward the PDF? the file gets forwarded to Zapier mail and zapier extract the PDF and forwards to the particular person?