Best answer

Email by Zapier - attachments are packed into a ZIP file. How can I prevent this?

• 30 October 2023
  • 11 replies

Hello, I use the trigger "New Inbound Email in Email by Zapier" and the ZAP "Upload file to google drive". To save email attachments to Google Drive. However, several attachments are packed into a ZIP file. How can I prevent this? I would like the individual attachments to arrive in Google Drive and not a ZIP file.

Thanks, Martin

icon

Best answer by ken.a 31 October 2023, 07:37

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

11 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

@mschreib can you share the data output from the trigger step, so that I can see how it is packing the data into a zip.

Other workaround to solve this is to use third party tool. Zip Archive API

Thanks for the replay.

This is a screen from Google Drive. how the zip gets there.

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

@mschreib I am not looking for this - can you share the screenshot from  your Zap (trigger step)

Sorry, if I don’t understand. But this Screen - you request - is in my first post here. Is it not?

Martin 

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

@mschreib can you expand the trigger step, I want to see how the data of your attachment is looking here

Thanks. I got it. Screens attached.

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

@mschreib I think you didn’t get me.

Can you share the data flow - I mean which variable contains the attachment, and how it is looking, are there are multiple ones etc?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @mschreib 

I’d recommend using this Zap trigger: Gmail - New Attachment

Here more Screens, thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @mschreib,

I’m jumping in to see if I can help!

I took a closer look at this, and it seems that the “New Inbound Email” trigger is currently combining all attachments into a Zip file. We do have an existing feature request for the  “New Inbound Email” trigger to retrieve attachments as individual files.

I have added you to the open feature request. That does a few things:

• Bring this to the attention of the integration developers
  • Help track interest in this feature being implemented
  • Allows us to notify you via email if this feature becomes available in the future

While I don't have an ETA on when this feature might be implemented, we will notify you via email if it is!

In the meantime, you may want to use the “New Attachment” from Gmail as Troy suggested.

Hopefully, this helps.

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Here more Screens, thank you!

In this case you can use Gmail Attachment as trigger ( see if you can do that)