Question

domain.dev - This domain looks fake or invalid. Please enter a real email address

• 1 July 2020
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1

I’m trying to create a Zap to connect my gravity forms to MailiGen.  I’ve got everything set up, but when I pick the field for Email, it’s grabbing a sample email address of “test@domain.dev” - and when I test it, it says “domain.dev - This domain looks fake or invalid. Please enter a real email address”

It does not tell you HOW to change it.  I’ve searched my MailiGen list for a contact that uses that address and it doesn’t exist anywhere in my data - I have no idea where it’s pulling that sample from or how to change it so my Zap will work.  Anyone else experience this that has a solution?  Thanks!  :) 

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @Jen6566 the sample data comes from Gravity Forms. Sometimes in these situations, I will “hardcode” a real email address in there like george@gmail.com into your mailgun step instead of the output from Gravity Forms and then test the mailgun step. If it works don’t forget to change it back to the dynamic email selection from Gravity Forms and then you can safely turn the zap on.