Best answer

Does Zapier integrate with Microsoft SharePoint?

• 23 February 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

I have one of my student that uses sharepoint to store their customers files and work within the office. 

They were happy about what Zapier can do but are hesitant to proceed for this reasons:

Workflow within microsoft apps: are they able to take documents from within sharepoints and also store documents through Zapier?

workflow originated from another app: suppose a customer sends an attachment via email, will they be able to save the attachment in sharepoints? the problem is they do not see the integration with sharepoints yet so they feel as if sharepoint is an island. 

workflow from sharepoint to other apps: Adocument is uploaded or modified in sharepoints , can i trigger another app to do something?

Anyone can help on these three workflows?

icon

Best answer by robschmidt 24 February 2021, 07:22

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @Paolon,

As of now, Microsoft Sharepoint doesn’t have any integration with Zapier.

In this case, you use SharePoint’s webhook feature and zapier webhook trigger to listen to SharePoint events.

SharePoint webhook is explained here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepoint/dev/apis/webhooks/overview-sharepoint-webhooks

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi @Paolon,

In this case, you use SharePoint’s webhook feature and zapier webhook trigger to listen to SharePoint events.

SharePoint webhook is explained here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepoint/dev/apis/webhooks/overview-sharepoint-webhooks

thank you .

This would solve for workflows from sharepoint to another app correctly?

But could another app that is not a microsoftapp save a file into sharepoint?
And could the zap use the name and id of the file aftwords?

If I am correct all zaps that include a microsoft app would be able to write and read from sharepoint is that correct?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @Paolon,

thank you .

This would solve for workflows from sharepoint to another app correctly?

But could another app that is not a microsoftapp save a file into sharepoint?
And could the zap use the name and id of the file aftwords?

If I am correct all zaps that include a microsoft app would be able to write and read from sharepoint is that correct?

You can actually transfer files from any app to anything as long as they provide the feature in their API docuemntation, in most cases they do, so it’s not just the Microsoft Apps.

In case you want me to take care of your integration part, you can set an appointment with me via DM.