Question

Does a multi-select field used for newsletter subscription count as a single-step or multi-step Zap?

• 19 December 2020
  • 2 replies

I’m new to Zapier and for the moment I just want to use it/try it out to perform a single task on our marketing site. I want to use a custom-designed newsletter subscription field and connect it to our Hubspot CRM using Zapier. If I am to give the option of subscribing to multiple newsletters at the same time (multiple choice, three types of newsletters), does that count as a single-step Zap or a multi-step Zap? I’m sure later on we will upgrade to a paid pro plan, but for now I’m just curious if this single task was achievable with the free plan. (Marketing site is hosted with Webflow.)

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Depends how the Zap is configured and depends on how the data needs to be sent to HubSpot for a given property.

Are the newsletters separate properties in HubSpot or a multi-select property in HubSpot?

If the Zap uses more than 1 Action step then, it will count as a multi-step Zap and require a paid plan.

EXAMPLE

1. Trigger: Webflow - Form Submission
  2. Action: Filter (Newsletter A)
  3. Action: HubSpot - Update Contact

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@blanca111 
Just checking in to see if you still need help with this?