Question

Do webhooks remain when exporting zaps to a new acccount?

• 23 January 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

I’m about to upgrade two different accounts to the team level so I can use import and export functionality.

Many of the zaps are triggered by webhooks. Will the URLs remain the same when I import to a new account?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Sixlevel 

Good question.

Every Zap that uses a Webhook as the Zap trigger will have a unique webhook URL.

Userlevel 1

That’s not what I asked. “ Will the URLs remain the same when I import to a new account?”

I am creating a new zapier team account and want to export from one account to the new account.

Thanks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Sixlevel 

Will the URLs remain the same when I import to a new account?

No.

Every Zap that uses a Webhook as the Zap trigger will have a unique webhook URL.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey @Sixlevel! I think I get what you’re asking here. You’re transferring Zaps from one account to another and you’re wanting to know if after the transfer of an existing Zap using a webhook trigger, will that webhook URL change - is that right? 

If so, I don’t think so - they should stay the same. 🙂

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Sixlevel 

cc: @jesse 

Guess the question is whether the Zap is being transferred OR if a new Zap is being created.

• If a new Zap is being created, then that Zap will have a new unique webhook URL.
  • If an existing Zap is being transferred, then that Zap will have the same unique webhook URL.

When in doubt, test it out!