Best answer

Displaying Images from Open AI in Microsoft Teams Channel Conversations

• 2 January 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1

How can I render Images from Open AI in Microsoft Teams Channel Conversations? Currently when choosing XML, plain or mark up format in "message text format", I receive URL link from Open AI which renders when I am clicking on it. I would like to see the image coming from OpenAI directly as an image in my Teams conversation.

icon

Best answer by christina.d 3 January 2023, 23:00

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hiya @ragnarheil! Thanks so much for reaching out in community! 

I did some digging and I got some not great news. 😔 It looks like the Microsoft Teams “Send Channel Message” won’t unfurl a preview of an image URL.

The workaround I was thinking would be to send as an attachment if it’s uploaded elsewhere first (Dropbox, Google Drive) but alas, that action also doesn’t support attachments either. I did add your vote to the feature request to preview images as that’s most closely related to what you’re looking to do here. While this doesn’t guarantee it will be implemented it’s the best way to stay in the loop if that changes! We’ll also be sure to update the the topic at that time as well. 

Sorry to not have better news here but appreciate ya raising this here! 

Userlevel 1

thank you very much, Christina!