Best answer

Discord -> Paypal -> Discord

Hello, I’m having some difficulties to make sales on my discord server.

What I want is, the user presses the link in a message on the discord chat, after that goes to the checkout of paypal and after the payment receives the role.

How can I do this?

icon

Best answer by Danvers 27 July 2020, 17:25

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @Spokey 

How far have you got with this?

@AndrewJDavison_Luhhu I couldn't do anything

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@Spokey 

A good starting point to learn about Zapier, is here: https://zapier.com/learn/getting-started-guide/

Have a go building your zap - and if you get stuck at specific points, come back here and we’ll do our best to help.

@AndrewJDavison_Luhhu you have Discord?

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

I don’t no.

@AndrewJDavison_Luhhu what link i have to share to get the payments and the discord user to set the role after the payment?

And what i have to do with paypal?

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@Spokey 

Could you possibly record a quick summary video of what you’re trying to do exactly and what parts of the zap you’ve built already - then we can help get it finished off for you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Spokey

First of all, don’t worry that the Zapier bot says it’s offline. It always says that and it will still work. 

Secondly, for your Zap, you’ll need to start by creating a link that will take you users to the paypal check out. That’s not a piece that Zapier can help you with, but once you have that set up you can trigger a Zap from a successful sale in PayPal. 

Your Zap will probably need to be set up like this:

1. PayPal New Successful Sale
  2. Discord - Find User (you’ll need this step to get the ID of the user)
  3. Discord - Add User

@Spokey I have something like this setup for my site; I use an e-commerce website that pushes the info from zapier to a bot that was coded by an awesome guy.  If you are interested I can link you up with him; he has done some great work for me and is super responsive when I need changes or updates.