Best answer

Delay Until Limitation for annual subscriptions.

• 31 January 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi,

I have successfully been using Zapier with ThriveCart so that when someone cancels a subscription there is a delay until the last day of the most recent paid for billing period.  This works wonderfully for monthly subscriptions but there is still a problem delaying up to an annual subscription period.  

Is Zapier planning on increasing the delay period to accommodate up to 1 year of delay for annual subscriptions?  I am sure I am not the only one that needs this.  Alternative service providers have been recommended to me that claim to be able to do this but I have been a loyal Zapier customer for around 7 years.  Any plans to update the delay function?  

Thanks

icon

Best answer by christina.d 1 February 2022, 01:32

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @MikeG 

I Need to Delay a Step Longer Than 1 Month

You can delay an action for up to 31 days. Combining Delay steps to increase that maximum may error and isn’t recommended. Use Google Calendar’s Event Start trigger to create delays for longer than 31 days: https://zapier.com/help/doc/google-calendar-tips-tricks

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@MikeG 

Another option is to use Airtable to log these subscriptions: https://zapier.com/apps/airtable/integrations

Airtable has Views.

Views have Filters (e.g. Date = Today)

Views can be used to trigger Zaps.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi there, @MikeG!

Thanks for reaching out and sharing your feedback with us.

Creating delays longer than 31 days is something that’s been requested in the past for this integration! While I don’t have a timeframe to offer of when or if this will available I went ahead and added your vote to that request. This way if it does go live you’ll be kept in the loop via email. We’ll also be sure to update this thread as well. 🙂

In the meantime, as Troy mentioned, there is a Google Calendar workaround that may be worth giving a shot! 

I hope this helps!

Userlevel 1

Thank you @christina.d  for adding my vote.  And I’ll checkout the airtable possibility @Troy Tessalone .