Best answer

Delay Monday pulling data to zapier for a new item

Hello,

I have an issue with the following flow:

1. Adding new item on Monday
  2. Wait 5 minutes
  3. Pull all Monday columns data
  4. Transfer the data to google sheets

currently what happens is that i create a new Item on Monday, and then after 1-2mins im adding all the information to monday, but the Data in in zapier only takes the New item creation (from stage 1) without all information added afterwards.

What im looking for is for way to pull al the Monday column values after 5 minutes from adding the new item.

Not sure if i need to add another step between the Delay and Google sheets.

If i do, what event is the correct one?

Thank you so much for your help

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 9 June 2022, 03:35

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @melanie2022Zap 

Yes, you will have to use the following action after the delay

Once the delay ends, it will get the updated info through this action and then you can map it to Google Sheet.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @melanie2022Zap 

As an alternative approach, you can use this Monday Zap trigger.

The concept would be to have a column (e.g. Status) that you update to a specific value to trigger the Zap, instead of having to do the Delay step and refind step.

This would be a more efficient with Task usage in your Zaps.

Hi @melanie2022Zap 

Yes, you will have to use the following action after the delay

Once the delay ends, it will get the updated info through this action and then you can map it to Google Sheet.

Hey

I am trying it and i get the following error - the previous steps are successful

Hi @melanie2022Zap 

As an alternative approach, you can use this Monday Zap trigger.

The concept would be to have a column (e.g. Status) that you update to a specific value to trigger the Zap, instead of having to do the Delay step and refind step.

This would be a more efficient with Task usage in your Zaps.

Actually worked great for me!

I have a status column in Monday that has only two options Open / Done.

Can i make this trigger only if the status is Done? meaning, if the status of the item is still Open, don't trigger the Zap.

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there, @melanie2022Zap! I imagine it would do the trick assuming the default status of the column is “Open”. It might be worth testing out though just to double check. 

Keep us posted on your success!