Question

Default insert data option will post both value fields rather than 1

• 6 January 2023
  • 4 replies

Heya,

I’m trying to insert a specific field (1) using {{Embeds Fields 1 Value:}} but it’s returning an exclamation mark. The default is “Embeds Fields Value:” which gives too much information. How would I fix this? The action is a post to Facebook with my trigger being a message posted in Discord. TIA

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Khan GBA, welcome to the Community!

It’s tricky to answer this without more context, could you please share a screen shot of the Zap step you’re having trouble with showing the field/s that you want to use? Don’t forget to remove or obscure any personal or private information in any screenshot you share in the community (eg full name, email address, etc).

Thanks!

Hey Danvers,

Here is the screenshots of the fields being ‘Game’ and ‘Viewers’ which I only want the ‘Game’ Field. The other screenshot is of the data being inserted giving both the ‘Game’ and ‘Viewers’ fields. Hope this helps :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Khan GBA!

Thanks for sharing those helpful screenshots of your Zap set up. 🙂 

Ah, it looks as though we’re receiving the Game and Viewers data from Discord as line items which is why you’re not able to select just the Game field’s value on it’s own. You might be able to use a Formatter by Zapier step to convert the line items into text using a Formatter (Utilities > Line-item to Text) action. Then you could select the Game field’s value that’s output by the Formatter action (assuming it’s always going to be the first line item?) in your Facebook action.  

We have this guide on how to Convert line items into text strings which you may find useful. Please do give that a go and let us know if that worked!