Question

Deduplicating Facebook Conversion events with Zapier and Kartra CRM

• 20 June 2023
  • 5 replies

Hey Guys, Im running Facebook ads and using kartra CRM and zapier to send conversion api events to Facebook. 

Im enquiring if there is a standard procedure to follow to ensure events are not duplicated in Facebook?

Below is how the event id is set up at the moment, can anybody please tell me if that is correct?

Im asking because Ive just starting running ads and in the initial stages Facebook is way over reporting ( I.e, I have 2 sales recorded in Kartra, and Facebook is reporting 5 sales)

I understand its not much data but Im wondering is there something wrong with the zapier setup?

PS, I also noticed that the person who setup zapier did not fillout any of the parameters into the fields in th png below.

Are they required?

Thanks Tony

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @Tony Michael,

Great to have you in the Community! 🎉

From the screenshot you've shared, everything seems to be in order with your setup. Additionally, the fields you're referring to appear to be mandatory, so I'd suggest leaving them as they are.

However, I'm here to help if you've noticed anything out of the ordinary with your Zap. Are you experiencing any issues, like duplicate entries perhaps? If so, please don't hesitate to share. I'm here to assist you! 😊

Hello Ken,

Thanks for getting back to me.

Yes at the moment I'm getting a series of errors in Facebooks events manager.

Purchase events are duplicated. Kartra CRM is capturing 4 purchase conversions. Facebook ad manager is showing 8 purchases.

I'm also getting poor event match quality and missing value parameter errors. See attached pngs.

Can you please advise on how to solve the errors?

Thanks, Tony

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there, @Tony Michael - thanks for sharing this.

Hmm, if you don’t mind I’d love to back up to get a better idea of the issue. Are you seeing any errors specifically within your zap? You would typically see these in your Zap history in the Zap run. If you do, feel free to share screenshots of the error and where you’re seeing it (with personal details removed 🙂) here. 

If you’re not seeing any errors, the Zap history is still a great place to start with troubleshooting. More on that here. Specifically, looking at a recent Zap run and reviewing the Data In/Out for each app may help narrow down if it’s Karta or Facebook that’s causing duplicates.

I did also find this help article on Zaps creating duplicate data! It may help to narrow down the issue and solution.

Thanks again for flagging in community and keep us posted with any other questions!

Hello, I can not see any errors in Zapier. I’ve tried changing some setting in FB event manager so will see if that solves the issue.

In the mean time, I have a question in regards to the upsell and down sell purchases I want to send data back to Facebooks ad manager. 

Do I need to setup custom purchase conversions in Facebook, the same as the purchase conversions I have set up in Zapier. See screenshot below?

I hope this makes sense.

At the moment it looks like zapier is sending Purchase Event data to FB for the upsell and downsell purchases but I can not see anywhere in Facebook where the conversion data is documenting the upsell and downsell purchases.

FB is only showing the standard 4-book-bundle $5 conversion as shown below, but not showing any data for any of the upsell and downsell purchases?

Here is a screenshot of the Purchase Events getting sent to FB 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @Tony Michael,

Hmm, this seems like a weird case here. You mentioned that:

At the moment it looks like zapier is sending Purchase Event data to FB for the upsell and downsell purchases but I can not see anywhere in Facebook where the conversion data is documenting the upsell and downsell purchases.

To ensure accurate results, let's simplify things a bit. Could you please turn off all the other Zaps and leave just one Zap published for now? This way, we can focus on that specific Zap and see if it shows up correctly in Facebook.

Additionally, it's important to double-check that you're using the right Pixel. When monitoring the Zap, please make sure the correct Pixel is selected in the Facebook Conversion action step. This way, we can accurately monitor the Zap's performance and ensure everything is set up correctly.

Once you've made these adjustments, give it a test run and let me know the outcome.

Please keep us posted! 😊