Best answer

Custom Fields not available?

• 26 March 2020
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1

Hey,

I’m using the lookup option in the zapier utilities in order to convert values to a readable format for my destination app.

But when I go to enter that converted value in a different step then the only option available to pull in is the actual lookup key, which contains only the one sample value, not the converted value, so the format is correct, its just not the right value. I can’t see how I can add the custom value to a field in the step.

Help appreciated

Mark

icon

Best answer by Danvers 2 April 2020, 12:29

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @markoleary Thanks for your question and I’m sorry for the delay in getting back to you this. 

The first thing to check is whether you tested the Lookup step. If you tested the step, the output should be the value that was found in the lookup table rather than input from the previous step. In the next step of your Zap, make sure that you are choosing the output of the Formatter step and not the original value from the previous step. I hope that makes sense, let me know if you have any questions!

Userlevel 1

Hey,

No worries on getting back to me now. Yeah, I figured it out eventually

Thanks,

Mark