Best answer

Creating Redmine Time Entry through GSheet

I have created zap that reads gsheet data and creates time entry to Redmine

The only problem is not able to specify the date for timelog entry it is doing entries to current date

any tips / hints on to send date to redmine ?

icon

Best answer by Danvers 1 August 2022, 12:51

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi there!

The Redmine Zapier integration is currently designed to create time entries as and when they happen as opposed to uploading information after the fact. That said, there is a feature request asking to add a field that will add the date that the time was spent on. I've added your email address as another vote for this addition. I don't have an ETA of when or if this will happen, but we will definitely email you if it does become a reality. 

In the meantime, I wonder if there’s anyway that you can change your workflow so that you can create the time on the day that it needs to be created? For example how does the data get into the Google Sheet - if you’re able to keep that regularly updated, then the time entry should stay accurate. I hope that helps!

Hi @Danvers

Thank you so much for reply and putting this to upvote.

Current Workflow is Calendar to Sheet (then I need to add project url and tracker id to the sheet)
In general I can update daily but there are items that gets updated end of week and we need to push entries later.

Wondering if I can help anyway in adding the field for this integration ?