Best answer

creating a new spreadsheet and fill another Spreadsheet with the new sheet data

• 14 June 2022
  • 2 replies

Hey, I've been trying for some time to create a zap that will be triggered when a new task is created in clickup and then create a new spreadsheet using an existing template, my goal eventually is to take the data which will be filled in the new spreadsheet and update another spreadsheet. The problem is I can't figure out how to make the zap to find the newly created spreadsheet when trying to “look up spreadsheet row”, I tried to use the spreadsheet ID as a variable but it seems like I must choose a specific Spreadsheet. any way to overcome that and find the spreadsheet row using variables?
thanks.

icon

Best answer by Danvers 14 June 2022, 12:29

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Ilai77! It’s a little tricky to use a custom value for worksheets and spreadsheets in Google Sheets actions, but it is possible! This guide explains how to use fields like Spreadsheet ID as a variable in Google Sheets steps:

Let us know if you have any questions!

Hey @Danvers thanks for the reply, I read the article you added and I saw the option of “Create spreadsheet row with custom values”, it seems like I don't have that option, why’s that?