Best answer

Create weekly reports from Trello

• 10 September 2020
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello dear community,

I’m quite new to Zapier. Now I’m trying to figure out what trigger to use in the following case - I want to create weekly reports on what has been done. I’d like to merge data from Trello board into my report template. 

Please, advise, how to accomplish that? 

Thank you!

icon

Best answer by Liz_Roberts 14 September 2020, 20:59

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

What app are you using for your report template? (e.g. GSheets)

Userlevel 1

@Troy Tessalone actually, I haven’t decided yet, tested Plumsail Documents and Docupilot. They seem to work more or less in a similar manner. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @Peter J. ,

The best place to begin is on the Trello App page. From here you can view what Triggers are available (“Card Updated” may be a good bet) and can pair with the Action of the report document app you choose to use. 

Let us know how you get on with your configuration or if you have any additional questions!

Userlevel 1

Hello, @Liz_Roberts, I’m on my way - I haven’t figured out yet if any Trello trigger suits this case. But I have a bit of success 🎉. I’m using Push by Zapier as a trigger, then assigning the action from the Trello integration - Find a list on a board in Trello, filtering it to “Done”, and it seems to be working. The next challenge for me is - to pull data on done tasks for a specific period… right now I get all the completed tasks from the Done list in my Trello board…

Any help is appreciated. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @Peter J. ,

Circling back here as I see you had a follow up question! Have you tried using an additional filter for these completed tasks? By leveraging a before/after option you may be able to achieve this workflow! Let us know if this does the trick or if you found an alternate solution!