Best answer

Create subscription with a 14 day free trial in Stripe

• 6 October 2022
  • 2 replies

I’m trying to use a zap to create a Stripe subscription that includes a trial period.  How exactly do I go about doing this through zapier? Do I need to add some additional information through the metadata tag? Not sure if that’ll work

icon

Best answer by shalgrim 6 October 2022, 22:15

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hiya @brand wise! Thanks for reaching out in the community! We’re so stoked to have you. ⚡️

Are you able to clarify your workflow a bit for us? Sometimes it helps to start from the very beginning when building zaps and think of it like "When this [trigger] happens in [blank] app, do that [action] in [blank] app."

Once you’ve established that’s it’s always a good idea to pop back over to the app directory to see what the available triggers/actions are for those apps. I know you mentioned Stripe specifically so here’s those:

I’ll also pop some resources below that may be useful if you’re just getting started with Zapier:

My gut says this may be a bit more of an advanced setup but I’m curious to hear any insights the community may have to share with us. 🙂

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @brand wise ,

It looks like we don’t yet offer the possibility to set a trial end date on subscriptions. It’s that trial end date that Stripe needs to set up a trial on a subscription.

However, I have gone ahead and logged this on our internal wishlist and logged your email as a vote for that feature. I don't have an ETA on when that might happen, we get so many feature requests every day, but we do use these lists when we're working on app updates.

As we have your email logged as a vote there, we will be sure to drop you an email to let you know as soon as we get any news on that front.