Best answer

Create reminders in Todoist for specific status changes in Airtable

Userlevel 1

I need to build a zap that triggers when a task in a particular table in AT is changed to two specific statuses, and when it happens, I need to create a reminder inside Todoist...Is this even possible?

icon

Best answer by SamB 7 March 2023, 16:11

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Welcome to the Community @RogerM!

I’m not seeing any “Create Reminder” type of actions available for Todoist so you might need to reach out to our Support team to get a feature request submitted. You could create a task in Todoist though, would be suitable?

If so, there’s a couple of ways I can think of that you could try to ensure the Zap only runs for only certain statuses in Airtable: 

Option 1 - Use Airtable Views

You could create two separate Views in Airtable, one for each status. Then set up two Zaps that use the New or Updated Record (Airtable) trigger. With that trigger you’re able to limit it to look as new records/updates in a specific view. So the Zaps would see records that appear in either of the status views then create the relevant task in Todoist.

Option 2 - Use a Filter
You could add a filter to check that the status of the record that triggers the Zap matches either of the two specific statuses. If it doesn’t then the Zap would halt and not add the task in Todoist. If you’ve not worked with Filters in Zaps before I’d recommend checking out this guide: Add conditions to Zaps with filters

Hope that helps to get you started. Please let us know how you get on with this!

Userlevel 1

You could create a task in Todoist though, would be suitable?

Anything that would allow me to better track and monitor these reminders.

You could create two separate Views in Airtable, one for each status.

This is actually SMART!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Glad to be of some help here, @RogerM! If you run into any issues implementing that just let us know. Always happy to help! 😁