Question

Create Posts From CSV For WordPress

• 1 November 2022
  • 5 replies

Hello,

I would like to auto-create posts from a CSV file for a WordPress blog. Is there a way to do that with Zapier?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @Pat1991 

You might wanna try the WordPress action Create Post. You can check this resource for more information about how to connect Zapier and WordPress https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496101767309

As for the CSV file, how is the CSV file received? We need to think of a trigger. 

Hello,

well, I use a third party scraping tool. It also comes with a JPG for each row in the CSV, which has to be uploaded and inserted accordingly.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Im not sure about the JPG since a CSV won't have a file attached. But what you can do is upload the CSV to a Google Drive and let the Trigger be New File in Google Drive. Then use Formatter by Zapier to get the data inside the CSV then use the action Post to WordPress. 

Try this out and let me know

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey @Pat1991!

have you had a chance to try out the suggestion that Moh made above? Curious to see if you’ve gotten this to work :)

Hello,

I would like to auto-create posts from a CSV file for a WordPress blog. Is there a way to do that with Zapier?

Hey Pat, not quite the answer to your Q but there are Wordpress plugins that do this. Upload the CSV to the WP and they create a draft post. I’m sure there is more automation you can add!