Best answer

Create Journal in Xero

• 25 July 2022
  • 4 replies

• Anonymous
  • 0 replies

Hi

We use Xero software.

We also sell online tickets for our events and occasionally we receive a donation - which all comes through paypal, but as one total figure (eg tickets costs, bookings fees and donations). This gets sent to an “Online Tickets” account on the balance sheet.

Luckily, data from the online ticket sale is written to our database, and the donation is listed on a separate line. So I have a query that lists just the donation, and I want my Zap to pick up on each new row, and then create a journal entry which will transfer say £5 from the “Online Tickets” account, to the “donations” account. But there doesn’t seem to be an option in Zapier to do a journal entry. Is this correct?

Thanks

Ian 

icon

Best answer by LauraP 25 July 2022, 20:10

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Hey @IanKerry, as you noticed, right now there's no action for journal entries. I've added you to a features request about this, so if this is developed, you'll be alerted (and we’ll update this thread as well)!

Many thanks Laura.

@LauraP we would also like this functionality, so can you please update me if this is developed? (And register my interest against the features request). Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Eliza L! Thanks for your message, I’ve added you to that feature request :)