Best answer

Create Iaudit with pre populated fields

• 16 March 2020
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi,

I have created a zap which goes like this

Updated row in smartsheet > start inspection in auditor

Am I able to populate fields in the audit based on values in columns in smartsheet? I really need this capability! Any help massively appreciated

icon

Best answer by Danvers 18 March 2020, 13:24

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi,

I have created a zap which goes like this

Updated row in smartsheet > start inspection in auditor

Am I able to populate fields in the audit based on values in columns in smartsheet? I really need this capability! Any help massively appreciated

Hi there @LewisWaters - Thanks for writing to us today! Happy to help.

It sounds like you may want to have a filter for your zap. If you set conditions for a filter, perhaps you can do so using Filter by Zapier. We also have a nifty tutorial on how to help you add filters in your zap steps to get the result you were hoping for: https://zapier.com/help/create/customize/add-conditions-to-zaps-with-filters - Could you check these resources out and tell me if you were able to get a filter that filters based on values in a column in your Smartsheet?

Userlevel 1

yep- filtering is fine that’s not the issue.

Its then pre populating fields within an inspection in iaduitor with values from smartsheet columns.

Userlevel 1

having looked around I don’t think it is possible with zapier, only with iauditors own API tools

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @LewisWaters I’d be happy to open a feature request with iAuditor if you could provide some more information about the fields you need here. Could you let me know which fields you’d like to see in the Create Audit action that aren’t in the action currently? And are any of those custom fields that are specific to your account/set up in iAuditor? Thanks!

Userlevel 1

I just wanted to be able to start a new audit, and use the value in a column as a response to an item/ question in the inspection. Currently it just seems that I can use a trigger ( in this case a new row added in smartsheet) to start an audit, but not actually pre populate any answers, so a different user in Iauditor could then pick it up and complete the rest of the questions. Does that make sense?

I have used a different solution in this instance now, but would potentially be a useful feature in the future.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Thanks for the extra detail on what you’re looking to do. ​I had another look and we do have an open feature request to prefill the audit template. I've added you as another vote for this addition, which lets the Safety Culture team know how many users are interested in the update and also means that we will send you an email if we have an update on this.