Best answer

Create Facebook Page Video using Google Drive file

• 14 May 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hi,

I’m trying to get Zapier to send a video uploaded to a Google Drive folder to the post to a Facebook page.

The error I’m getting is when testing the ‘Create Page Video’. I’ve tried all the links Google Drive produces and can’t get any to work. Does anyone know which link it is that would work or if I need to do anything differently? Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Thanks,

Jon

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 16 May 2021, 04:43

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Jon Hall 

Is the video publicly available in the Google Drive? With that, I would try the web content link but I don’t think any will work if the video in Google Drive has restricted access

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Jon Hall 

Confirming the GDrive file must be publicly accessible in order to be used in a Zap.

You can check this by viewing the sharing permissions for the file or folder containing the file.

You can also check this by opening the file link in a private browser to see if it renders.

Also, large video files can cause the Zap to timeout and not process.

If the size of a file you’re trying to send in an action step is too large, timeout errors may occur. Check that the size of the file you’re trying to send is within the limits of the action app.

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Got it working, thanks - the video had to be under 100mb

Thanks again :)

Jon