Best answer

Create different tasks in Zoho CRM depending on which Aweber campaign a user subscribes to

• 15 July 2021
  • 2 replies

We want to create a module entry in Zoho CRM for different campaigns within a single list.

In other words, we want to create different tasks using Zapier for different campaigns in a single list AWeber List. The task itself should be created in Zoho CRM. We will be using Zapier to achieve this outcome

Used case:
Aweber Email List 1 has four different campaigns.

Scenario one:
User A subscribes to a campaign one. We then need to create a task in Zoho CRM for User A using Zapier.

Scenario two:
If User B in the AWeber Email List 1 subscribes to campaign two. We then need to create a task in Zoho CRM for User B using Zapier.
icon

Best answer by SamB 15 September 2021, 14:07

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Mo-Dynamics 

Try using a Filter as Step 2 in the Zap: https://zapier.com/apps/filter/help

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Just wanted to follow up here as noticed that @Mo-Dynamics also reached out to Support about this who recommended using Paths. Thought I’d share their suggestion here in case it’s helpful to others looking to build a similar workflow:

I think the following setup could work for you:

1. Trigger: New Subscriber added to a list in Aweber
  2. Paths by Zapier 
    1. Path A: Filter on the specific campaign value
      1. Action: Create Module entry in Zoho
    2. Path B: Filter on alternate campaign value
      1. Action: Create Module entry in Zoho

Does that seem like a setup that can work for you? If so, can you try and get those steps set up and let me know if you run into any obstacles? 

You can read more about setting up Paths by Zapier here.

A Filter by Zapier action can be used as Troy suggested, to create the desired workflow to carry out different actions based on which campaign is involved, but it’s worth noting that this would involve creating multiple Zaps - one for each scenario. The benefit of using Paths is that both scenarios could be achieved within a single Zap. :)