Best answer

Country Code custom field missing from Facebook Lead Ads

• 30 September 2021
  • 2 replies

Hello All

With Zapier, we’d like one of the fields to collect from Facebook and feed through to Ometria “CountryID”.

I can see that I’m able to add a Contact Custom Field for CountryID, however there is no option to collect this data. Have you any idea how I would how about this?

Many thanks

Paul.

This post has been edited by a moderator to remove personal information. Please remember that this is a public forum and to remove any sensitive information prior to posting. 

icon

Best answer by christina.d 30 November 2021, 20:06

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Paulo1988 

Make sure to check the available help articles related to using FB Lead Ads with Zaps: https://zapier.com/apps/facebook-lead-ads/help

It may be best to open a ticket with Zapier Support for further assistance: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi there, @Paulo1988! I hope you don’t mind but I did a bit of digging and it looks like you and my friends in support may have came up with a pretty nifty solution to this. I’ll post it here in case it’s helpful to anyone else who’s stuck:

I have a CRM (Ometria) and Zapier is feeding all the Facebook leads it collects into Ometria.

I need each and every lead to have a country code (GB for Great Britain, NL for Netherlands, DE for Germany etc.)

I managed to half-solve this with the Formatter by Zapier tool. I have a rule in place whereby if a customer enters “England” or “Great Britain” Formatter by Zapier reads this and replaces it with the country code: GB before feeding the lead through to Ometria.

The question also came up - what to do if a user doesn’t enter a country code though, to which Connor recommended: 

… I might suggest checking out Formatter's "Lookup Table" transform:

With a Lookup Table, you can relate each input you might receive to its corresponding country code. This way, when the Zap runs, it will search the left side for a match, then output the value on the right, which we'd then map into Ometria:

?name=image.png

Importantly, the Lookup Table transform offers a "Fallback Value" so we can output a default in the event the lead doesn't offer a country or if their country doesn't match any in our table. 

I hope this helps!