Best answer

Copy Wunderlist task notes into Asana task description

• 21 April 2020
  • 1 reply

Hi,

Since Wunderlist is closing at the beginning of May, I am looking for ways to replace this app and am researching options that take make the migration as easy as possible.

I plan to swtich to Asana.

Using Zapier, I am already able to copy my tasks easily into new project lists in Asana including the due date, by creating a ‘zap’ that creates new tasks as I complete them in Wunderlist. I built this using the ‘Customize task’ menu.

However, I cannot copy the subtasks and notes to Asana’s ‘subtasks and description’.

Does any of you know if it’s possible to get this data also copied using Zapier, ór does anyone know another method to migrate my complete Wunderlist set to Asana.

(I am working on Mac OS).

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by andywingrave 21 April 2020, 11:22

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Subtasks in Asana are weird - They seem like a bit of an afterthought.

But the main thing you need to know here is that in order to do this, you need to first find the parent task, and then create the sub-task. 

It won’t work if you don’t already know the parent, as this is a dependency.

As an aside, while you’re looking for new Todo apps, and clearly aren’t convinced with Microsoft Todo - I would recommend either just going with Google tasks if you use Gmail (they’re fine - Nothing special, but they get the job done)

Or for something a bit more fancy - I always recommend Todoist. Their product is the best in the market, and here’s a referral link below if you’re interested:

https://todoist.com/r/andy_wingrave_errvgl