Question

Connecting Actual Time in Asana with Hours field in Harvest

• 18 May 2023
  • 3 replies

Hello everyone,

We are looking for a solution that keeps the Hours field in Harvest in sync with the Actual Time in Asana. Basically, when someone clocks time in Harvest from an Asana ticket, we would like to have that time also added in Asana’s Actual Time field and I think you call this integration “Update task in Asana when new time entry in Harvest”. Does anybody here know if it is possible to accomplish this using Zapier? Thank you very much!

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @danpc,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

I wouldn’t anticipate that being a problem!

Based on the workflow you have in mind, here’s how I see the Zap:

1. Trigger: Harvest (New Time Entry)
  2. Action: Asana (Create Task)

Would this be helpful for you? If you need further information or details about the suggested workflow, please don't hesitate to ask. You can also explore suggested workflows for Harvest and Asana on our website: https://zapier.com/apps/harvest/integrations/asana

Hopefully, this points you to the right direction! 😊

Thank you for your reply @ken.a ! I was thinking of using the trigger you said but the action to be update task in Asana. Is that possible? The reason for this being that there is already a task in Asana from which the user presently clocks time in Harvest. And when we look in Harvest we can already see the Asana tasks there. We only need a way to update the actual time field in Asana with the time entered in Harvest. So that’s why I was suggesting a different action. What are your thoughts on this?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there,  @danpc! Thanks for that - this should still be possible but it would require a “Find Task” action first.

So it would probably look like:

1. Trigger: Harvest (New Time Entry)
  2. Action: Asana (Find Task)
  3. Action: Asana (Update Task)

I’ll also pop some resources below that may be useful if you’re just getting started with Zapier:

Keep us posted how this works out for you! 🤗