Best answer

Combine Zapier with askyourpdf (chatGPT plugin)

• 16 May 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi,

I’m trying to see if I could use Zapier to create a chatbot, that answers question from some documentation.

Now that ChatGPT has plugins (for plus users), it should be possible.

On ChatGPT, I’ve uploaded a document to askyourpdf (a plugin provided), and then I’ve asked questions about things covered in the doc, and it has given perfect answers.

Now I’m wondering if I could link this via Slack, so that when there is a new message in a Slack channel, zapier sends that to a ChatGPT which has the document uploaded to askyourpdf, and then replies with the answer.

Anyone had any success with something like this?

The main stumbling block I think could be ensuring that ChatGPT uses askyourpdf, I can’t seem to find a way to ensure that on Zapier.

Any suggestions welcome.

Thanks,

George

icon

Best answer by geo 17 May 2023, 01:37

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hey there @georger12345 -

This is actually a project some of our moderation team has taken on here as well. At this time, we have not found a workaround or way to accomplish this. You can try prompting, as that is what we are currently working through, but this may eat up a large amount of tokens. 

I’m going to leave this post open in case any other users or Experts have any ideas, but if not, feel free to hop back over here if you get this squared away. I will certainly do the same if our team stumbles across a new development! 

Userlevel 1

Hey @georger12345 love this question!

ChatGPT plugins are currently only available via the ChatGPT user interface. There's not yet a way to use them with OpenAI/ChatGPT’s API. We're very excited to build support for them if/when that becomes available.

However, we are working on a solution to incorporate exactly this type of functionality into your Zaps. We're expecting it to be ready before the end of the month and we have an early version we're demoing for customers to get feedback.

The idea is simple. In the Zap step you reference all the web pages or documents you want the step to have as it's knowledge base. Then you can pull in a dynamic question/prompt and OpenAI will respond using the knowledge you’ve provided it.

Some example use cases that we've seen:

• Build an internal bot for Slack or MS Teams that has access to a set of knowledge
  • Provide an intelligent automatic response for customers using your contact form
  • Write a draft email to a new lead based on their question, but wait for the sale rep to review and hit send
  • Generate new content based on past content, preserving your tone and style

I'm sure there's a whole world of possibilities to tap into here. We'd love to chat with you, share the demo, and get your feedback. If you (or anyone else reading this) is interested in the demo/chat, please just book some time here with myself or my colleague Sabina. Looking forward to connecting!

Userlevel 1

Hey Chanelle, I’ll certainly keep you posted!

And Geo, that sounds great, I will contact you right now 😀

Hi,

I’m trying to see if I could use Zapier to create a chatbot, that answers question from some documentation.

Now that ChatGPT has plugins (for plus users), it should be possible.

On ChatGPT, I’ve uploaded a document to askyourpdf (a plugin provided), and then I’ve asked questions about things covered in the doc, and it has given perfect answers.

Now I’m wondering if I could link this via Slack, so that when there is a new message in a Slack channel, zapier sends that to a ChatGPT which has the document uploaded to askyourpdf, and then replies with the answer.

Anyone had any success with something like this?

The main stumbling block I think could be ensuring that ChatGPT uses askyourpdf, I can’t seem to find a way to ensure that on Zapier.

Any suggestions welcome.

Thanks,

George

Just wondering since the end of the month has passed if there has been any headway with this function?

I've found that AskYourPDF could basically eliminate a lot of procrastination from our sales team and this would be a great asset. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Tsolsi, welcome to the Community! 👋

It’s still in the early stages but we’ve released a beta version of some new actions that use AI to help answer questions from web pages and text documents. You can find out more about this here: Use real-time information to answer questions with AI-Powered actions (Beta)

Hope that helps! 🙂