Best answer

Clickfunnels purchase to Wordpress Membership Area (WooCommerce)

• 21 October 2020
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1

We’ve set up a zap to create wordpress subscribers for a clickfunnels purchase. The issue we have is getting the login username and password to the user. How do enable wordpress to automatically email the login details and URL to login?

icon

Best answer by nicksimard 28 October 2020, 20:46

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

7 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

I think WordPress automatically emails new users with a link to login and set their password. 

Userlevel 1

Hey Olivia thanks for the reply! The Zapier plugin for wordpress appears to have disabled this and wordpress is not automatically emailing new users with link to login :(

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @DDW!

I haven’t confirmed with our team that the functionality is disabled, but I tried it out myself on a WordPress website and it did not send the user an email. I’ll add a feature request for this and add your vote for it.

One workaround would be to add an email step after the WordPress one in your Zap, sending the user their login information. I’m assuming since the password field is required that you’re either assigning the same password, or generating it somehow within your Zap). 

Either way, you can add that same password into an email. You could use Email by Zapier, or one of your own email addresses like Gmail, Outlook or SMTP. You could also consider something like Mailgun or SendGrid. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hi @DDW!

I haven’t confirmed with our team that the functionality is disabled, but I tried it out myself on a WordPress website and it did not send the user an email. I’ll add a feature request for this and add your vote for it.

One workaround would be to add an email step after the WordPress one in your Zap, sending the user their login information. I’m assuming since the password field is required that you’re either assigning the same password, or generating it somehow within your Zap). 

Either way, you can add that same password into an email. You could use Email by Zapier, or one of your own email addresses like Gmail, Outlook or SMTP. You could also consider something like Mailgun or SendGrid. 

Thanks @nicksimard

@DDW, just want to add that it’s not safe to send passwords in plaintext via email, which is why WP usually sends new users their username and a link to set their password in registration emails. I’d recommend finding a workaround that doesn’t send users their passwords in an email as soon as possible. 

Userlevel 1

Many thanks for your suggestions. I still haven’t found a solution sadly. Is there any idea when and if Zapier will fix their plugin?

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

There are WordPress plugins that allow you to customize the new user registration emails - would using one of those in the meantime work? 

Userlevel 1

Hey Olivia

Thank you for the suggestion.

This didn't work sadly.

We downloaded the plugin "Better Notifications for WP" and the user still didn't receive the login details email.

However as an admin user we did receive the new user created email.